Régis Cosnier's pages
Small Planet for iPhone
What planet are you from?
Generate a small-planet from where you are and send it as a postcard to your friends!
This application makes a stereographic projection of your location on the map where Street View is available.
1) Select a place on the map.
2) Drag and drop the orange humanoid on the map.
3) Push the "Planet" button to generate the planet.
4) Adjust the planet like you want by rotating with one finger or zooming with two.
5) Push the "Action" button to save the result on Facebook, Twitter, Thumblr, an email or in the photo album.
6) Add a bookmark by pushing the "+" button to get it back later.
- iPhone (3GS or later), iPod Touch (3rd generation and later) or iPad
- Internet connection (Wifi or 3G)
- GPS recommended
Version 2.5 (2012-10-18)
- Add the compatibility with the iPhone 5.
- Add search field on the map (It can be any location name, gps coordinates, or even a google maps link).
- Upgrade the image exportation toward Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, etc...
- Change the location (GPS) icon with a more modern arrow icon.
Version 2.2 (2011-08-15)
- Add a bookmarks manager.
- Add french translation.
Version 2.1 (2011-04-20)
- Backup and restore the map location in case of memory warning.
- Target iOS 4.1 instead of 4.2
Version 2.0 (2011-04-06)
- Added a menu to save on Facebook, Twitter, Thumblr, email or photo album.
- Improve memory management.
Version 1.1 (2011-02-14)
- Fixed memory issue.
- Added a waiting alert while saving the image.
- Changed some GUI stuffs.
Version 1.0 (2011-02-10)
- First public version available on app store.